"Joy is not in things, it is in us." - Richard Wagner
Counting my blessings this month! Today is the first Monday of the Easter holidays and it feels so luxurious to be able to lie in bed at 7.30 in the morning, catching up on all the blog posts I'm planning to write.
1. A whole year has passed since my beautiful little girl was born. One whole healthy, happy and blessed year. Emma turned one this month and we were able to celebrate with a small family gathering and lots of food! Thanks to everyone who braved the rain and cold and came to celebrate Emma's 1st birthday with us!
2. Thanks to my two lovely sisters for my new iPad - now I don't need to rely on my frustratinglyht slow creaky old laptop and hopefully will be able to write more frequent blog posts!
3. It was our Christmas presents from my sister that arrived after three months in the post!!! So glad they didn't get lost. We'd pretty much given up on them, but - surprise! Just goes to show that with the Mexican postal service you can never tell. I fear that Emma is going to grow up thinking that Christmas comes several times a year!
4. We had a short week in the middle of March due to a bank holiday Monday - thanks to Benito Juarez (19th century president) and his birthday commemoration!
5. My birthday, which just happened to fall on the day allocated to celebrate this month's birthdays for the kids in the kindergarten. A few mums arrived at break time bringing snacks and chocolate cake for the children - and the teachers! So a lot of chocolate cake was eaten that morning, then in the afternoon we went out for lunch.
6. Emma's beautiful smile that greets me every afternoon when I arrive home from work.
7. My husband and I both still have jobs - our trial contracts have been renewed.
8. This month ends with the start of the Easter holidays - two whole weeks of holiday ahead of me.
9. Thanks to my parents, we are in the process of an important change that will hopefully have a very positive impact on our lives.
Lots to be thankful for!
Linking up with: